Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

THRASH BANG WALLOP!

Has the bedroom been painted since my last post?  Hell, no!

It’s been almost a fortnight since I returned from my pilgrimage to the hallowed ground of Donington Park where I worshipped at the altar of the Metal God for 3 gloriously muddy days and it appears I left my DIY motivation stuck in the bog along with my wellies. 

Day 1 - look no mud

Day 3 - look no grass

Enjoying the Downpour Festival

What happens when ginger cats go bad - Skindred

Behemoth - what a scary bunch!

Elvana - Kurt would have loved this lot

Amon Amarth - can't beat a bit of viking metal
 
Wow!  Just look at all those pyros

The walls are getting far less (paint) coverage than Boris Johnson’s love life.  Wonder if he’s into rock bands?

Living The Dream - like me

Myles Kennedy - my hero

Download's faded away like a distant dream....  

Back to reality.  We’re now sleeping in the equivalent of a Bedouin tent.  Dust sheets festoon the windows in place of roller blinds.  Well I can’t have the neighbours ogling my flabby bits as I get ready for beddy-byes, can I?  I can’t find a single thing in this topsy-turvy mess. It’s like being a teenager all over again – aahhrrr!

Stripping down the bedroom ready for painting

No peeping

Thirsty coving has soaked up 2 coats of matt emulsion and already after one coat of white paint the ceiling is looking miles better.  The hair line cracks I used to follow with my eyes before going to sleep have completely disappeared thanks to an application of flexible filler.  A coat of Polycell’s crack-free paint to top it off and it’ll all look as good as Frogmore Cottage only cheaper.

Lovely white coving and ceiling


At least someone is getting the chance to enjoy the sunshine this summer.  

Topping up the kitty tan

This is the life!


No comments: