Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

COWS ON CANVAS


Sitting in the waiting room of a local physio clinic waiting for the latest in a long string of treatments for what I call ‘gardeners knee’,  I was idly flicking through one of those glossy magazines aimed at hoity toity living when I suddenly came to an article that made me stop in mid flick.  The article was promoting Dorset Arts Week but what drew my nose down to the printed page was not so much the headline but the subject matter of the arty fartiness itself - cows on canvas. 

Being a lover of all things bovine, it surprised me that there was someone out there who had elevated these majestic creatures into something much more than just grass eating poop machines.  In the eyes of local Dorset artist Jackie Spurrier, cows should be hung in a prominent position where they can be admired by all rather than blamed for global warming.  Her website www.cowsoncanvas.com is an icon for cow lovers everywhere.

In tribute to her marvellous talent in gracefully capturing the ethereal beauty of bovines, I’ve created a ‘cows on photo-paper’ gallery of my own:

The milky bars are on me

You looking at me?

How now brown cow

Looks like rain

The laughing cow 

Cow lovers of the world unite, your thoughts on 'cows on photo-paper' welcomed.





1 comment:

Deco-morphosis said...

Moo...vellous! I love them. The last one really does look like the laughing cow!