Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Sunday, July 09, 2017

LETS ROCK!

You could be forgiven for thinking I’ve spent the past fortnight floating through life with a blackcurrant booze befuddled brain when I should have been working hard on my wood panels.  Nothing could be further from the truth though I confess there have been a few distractions to DIY namely the heat and festivals.

For once, it’s definitely too hot to do anything other than lounge about in bra and pants.  It's so hot, I've even got Shelby writing my blog posts for me.  

How do you spell 'festival'?

Sanding MDF should be part of the Met Office weather warning of things not to do in a heatwave along with running for the bus in a fleece or anything involving ovens.

Festivals on the other hand are a must for a hot summer’s day.  Who but the Brits would spend the day baking themselves bright red in a tree-less field in temperatures that would melt polar ice caps?  I love festivals.  Where would we be without those wall to wall beer tents, outrageously expensive greasy food joints, silly outfits and disgustingly smelly portaloos? Festivals are as much a part of summer as orange calippo lollies.

Festival crowd

You’ve got to admit that although it’s not a cheap day out, festivals are pretty cool places to hang out for the day and if you’re lucky, you’ll get a few decent bands to listen to.  

My prize for the cheesiest festival I’ve been to (other than the Cheese Festival at Sturminster Newton) has to go to Lets Rock Southampton where you can re-live some of the best (and worst) parts of the 80s.  

Lets Rock Southampton!

Looking across to the main stage

Chesney Hawkes’s ‘The One and Only’ really?  Hated it then, still hate it now.

Kid Creole & The Coconuts

Stool pigeon - Ha Cha Cha Cha

Howard Jones

Headliners The Human League were pretty epic!

The Human League

Still as awesome as they ever were



No comments: