Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, December 18, 2017

AND WE DIGRESS ...

Why go from A to B directly when you can get there via C, D and E?  Our hallway refurb is taking the scenic route to completion with a small digression for coving as personally I detest the unfinished look modern builders give to ceiling edges.

Before - that bare naked no coving look
  
Better to get this done now whilst I still have some cash left after my Black Friday credit card bashing and before wallpapering or buying new carpets as I can imagine fitting coving is going to be messy. 

Since what we know about coving is slightly less than Meghan Markle’s ability to make sticky toffee pudding, then we’ve had to call in the professionals.  Thank goodness for mybuilder.com, it’s the rubber ring that prevents drowning in the choppy seas of household maintenance. 

Plasterer has been and gone, plain coving has been added to the upstairs hallway ceiling so no guesses as to what I’ll be doing in the new year.  Let's hope Dulux are having a January sale!


After - plain white coving added

My view - looks better with a border


No comments: