Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, September 14, 2020

FURLOUGH FINALE

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the workplace, a late summer heatwave arrives! After 3 months of boredom, baking and browsing, the furlough finishing line is now in sight again with a return to the office pencilled in for the end of this week. 

Part of me wants to whoop with joy and part of me feels like a lemming rushing towards a cliff edge – is it really safe to go back to work? I guess I won’t know until I get there. I’ve dusted down the hazmat suit, matched it with a contrasting colourful facemask, some chunky easily sanitisable jewellery and leopard print killer heels. I might look like Gucci’s most fashionable mortuary technician but this is power dressing in the new normal, baby. 

According to my Purple Bricks dashboard it’s now been 103 days since our house went on the market and we’re still here waiting for the new offer bus to pass by. It’s depressing. 

Surely someone somewhere has seen our advert and thought ‘what a lovely home, I’ll take it.’ Comes with free neighbourhood cats and that’s got to be a selling point, right? Maybe I should have added some kitty photos to my Rightmove advert to increase kerbside appeal. 


Purple Kitties - the property selling web site featuring cats

South facing garden purrfect for cat naps

Pet friendly - ours and everyone else's

Lucky black cat outdoor feature for superstitious buyers

Come on. All I want for Christmas is a property buyer, is that too much to ask for?


1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Power dressing..! You can't beat it...
Don't know if you've risked my one and
only post..on my one and only Blog...
Interviewed and completed by a friend..
Though since l've learned to copy/paste,
l've made a few changes over the years
of my own..Where was l..Oh! Yeah! Half
way down my post is a photo of me, with
my 'working' cloths on..Phew! I'll say
no more..! :).

And..l think you should add photos of your
pussy~cats and Shelby of course, a reptile
species of the family Testudinidae...to the
sale of your house..but you must emphasise
they are 'not' included in the sale..!
If l'd live a lot closer, l'd pop over, not
to see the house..but to see the putty~tats..
And take Shelby for a walk..! Bless!

Hope that bus comes by very soon..and breaks
down right outside..Job done..! :o).