Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, September 07, 2020

CATS FOR COVID

Punters have been queuing outside restaurants trying to make the most of the Chancellor’s ‘Eat Out Britain’ scheme and our own McMoggies dining emporium has been doing a roaring trade in feline fast food orders.  There are now at least 4 regular furry customers, three of whom seem to think we have a bottomless box of Go Cat in our kitchen and are open all hours. 


What time does this restaurant open?

Excuse me but do you have a reservation?

See they're letting in riff raff these days

Socially distanced dining

Special meal arrangements for gingers


My belly may now be the size of a large watermelon but I’ve done my bit in chowing down to help the economy.  (If I was having a baby I’d be calling it Toby).  I only hope the Chancellor has a Slimming World voucher giveaway after this scheme finishes so that we can all regain our waistlines.  

A minute on the lips, a lifetime of tax increases.  The cynic in me can’t help thinking about the hidden cost to the taxpayer of the Government’s ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ Scheme.  My £14 pound meal for two at the Toby Carvery is nothing compared to the Chancellor’s 500M bill.  I’d definitely want more than a wafer thin mint with that invoice!

Make the most of it my furry friends as Go Cat may be in short supply when income tax goes up.


These moggies have such appalling table manners

Maybe I'll give dinner a miss ....


1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

HaHa! Brilliant..Brilliant..!
I can look at pussy~cats ALL day and ALL
night..if l've got a torch..! :).
I~LOVE~PUSSY~CATS...

The last photo..Fudge who lives a couple doors
up to my left, came down my pathway last week,
dragging a pigeon, with some difficulty..trying
to get it home, l thought, shall l take it off
him, we could share it on Sunday..as he does
share my dinner most Sundays..But..No! He managed
to jump up onto the BBQ..then up to next doors
conservatory roof, and off home..! :).
He's quite a character ...Then there's Flossie..
One eyed Flossie who lives a couple doors down
on my right..She's a 'tart'...but, that's another
story..! :).

Pussy~cat jokes..There are thousands..
What do cats like to eat on a hot day? A mice-cream cone!

Why do cats always get their way? They are very purr-suasive!

How do two cats end a fight? They hiss and make up!

What should you use to comb a cat? A catacomb!

What is a cat's favorite movie? The Sound of Mewsic!

How do you know a cat is agitated? He's having a hissy fit!

Where does a cat go when it loses its tail? The re-tail store!

What do you call a cat who lives in an igloo? An eskimew!

How do cats stop crimes? They call claw enforcement!
(Oh! No! I've run out of paper)...🐱 😸 😺 😻 😼