Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, November 09, 2020

COUNTDOWN TO MOVING DAY

Can you hear it? What? Shussshhh! – it’s the sound of lockdown. I’m stood outside our new house, not a peep can be heard. It’s so quiet at the end of our cul-de-sac I can hear the grass grow. There’s no-one in sight, not a car parked out on the street, no spit roasting pigs in back gardens. Better get used to it as this is what living in Biddyville is going to be like from now on but more about that later. 

It’s been fourteen days since we finally completed on the sale of our house and collected the keys to our new little hobbit hole in Chichester. Hurrah! The countdown to moving day on the 16 November has now begun and whilst it’s been lovely staying in ‘The Badger Suite’ at my daughter’s house, you can’t beat having your own personal space in which to let your hair down. Home sweet home. 

So much has happened since my last post but I’m on an internet embargo as my new laptop sucks up bandwidth faster than I can scoff a bag of Skittles thus leaving everyone else’s gadgets beached high and dry on a wifi-less sandbar. Yep, thanks to Blogger pulling the rug out from Vista users’ feet, I’ve had to bite the hi-tech bullet and go all Windows 10 merely to keep this blog alive. Bah! 

Leaving Charminster was emotional. Moving is not as easy as just skipping off into the sunset. Aside from letting go of the physical asset there’s all the emotional baggage of the past 20 years to pack away too. I do miss my beautiful old house but I now have a lovely new little hobbit hole to turn into a palace and that’s going to keep me out of mischief until retirement. 

My life is now encased in cardboard, I can’t find a thing! There’s not a stick of furniture at the new house and horror of horrors there’s not even a phone line so no broadband. When the BT engineer turns up it’ll be like the second coming.


1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Congratulations on your move finally...
Cardboard boxes..goodness..yes, l've collected
quite a few over the years, just in case l ever
move..well..l've been here 42yrs..all in one of
the spare bedrooms..! I keep telling my daughter
l'm collecting them for her, upon my demise....
The extra BIG one is for me! :).

Good luck..and don't break anything...! :).
AND..Don't forget Shelby..Mind he does'nt run
off..Bless him..to think he's had his home from
the day he was born! :o). 🐢 🐢 🐢