Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Friday, February 26, 2021

OH CALAMITY!

Disaster has struck! It was all going swimmingly until the plumber struck a radiator sized iceberg and caused the thing to break the freshly plastered wall. 


Disaster has struck


Here’s the thing about radiators they’re very heavy. Here’s the thing about plasterboard walls – they’re not really made to hold heavy radiators without some kind of timber reinforcement in place. It helps if numpty plumbers check this sort of thing out first before throwing up rads in that gung-ho manner of theirs and hoping it’ll all turn out hunky dory. 


Plasterboard fixings not man enough for the job


Heavy radiators not properly fixed to the wall


I foresee a repair bill of Titanic proportions to rectify the problem. In their wisdom, the builders have decided to fix a piece of thick ply behind the plasterboard wall then re-plaster the wall. 


Patch up job on the wall

Whether this type of repair will enable the radiator to be successfully held in place for years remains to be seen but who am I to question these peeps on such matters, I’m just the sucker footing the bill. 

Aside from shaking the magic money tree to cover the cost, what it does mean is that I now have only 3 days to re-mist the wall before the cack-handed plumber returns. Seriously if I could do these jobs myself, I would as you can’t trust anyone these days to do things properly.


It never rains but it pours



1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

You mean to say...Your gonna pay a repair
bill for the stupidity of the plumber...!
Come on...AND! AND! Your gonna have the
idiot back! BACK! :(. To do more work...
Sorry damage..!
If it was me..he'd be at home now, nursing
an aching backside..with my footprint on his
trousers/pants..pants for American readers..!

Kick the guy into touch, don't pay him for
any of the work he may have done already, and
find another plumber..!
He may threaten to sue you..so let him..! He
would'nt have the nerve to..!

Never mind..It's a lovely Sunday..I've just
had lunch out on the patio, well, on a plate
on the patio..with Fudge helping himself to
some of my pasta chicken...! Naughty boy! :O).