Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Wednesday, March 03, 2021

RUBBISH

Good riddance to bad rubbish!  Or should I say to everyone’s rubbish as it seems builders charge you for a skip then use it to dispose of all the rubbish they accumulate on everyone else’s job as well as yours.  It appears this is another quaint tradesperson custom.  For our job alone we could have gotten away with a much smaller skip thus saving a few quid.  Something else to be aware of for next time.

 

Good riddance!

The removal of the skip means the end of the job is nigh and not before time.  I can’t wait to get stuck into the painting and decorating but not before remedial work is completed on the damaged wall.


Re-plastered wall

And repainted ready for the plumber's visit

Needless to say, the wall was repaired and the radiator refitted at their expense (I would have expected no less) but I was all ready to pull on the boxing gloves to fight out my corner in the Negligent Plumber Knock Out.

 

Let's hope it doesn't break the wall again

Meanwhile, spring has sprung, bank errors are not in my favour and there’s little chance of collecting £200 from passing GO or from anyone else but at least I’ll have a nice looking lawn.


First mowing of our new lawn


No comments: