Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Saturday, May 01, 2021

CASH FOR FAVOURS

Psst!  Are there any rich Tories out there who might like to ‘loan’ me a few thousand quid in return for some flavours?  I can offer you some tasty pistachio from Lidl’s, a dozen boxes of Magnum lollies or a tub of delicious Kelly’s Clotted Cream ice cream.  Any takers?  Oh sorry, are you saying it’s ‘cash for favours’ not flavours?   And here’s me thinking I could subsidise my household DIY projects in exchange for a bit of raspberry ripple.  Silly moo!  Perhaps Boris should have traded some gelato in return for soft furnishings and a decent paint job.

 

Kelly's - it's so scrummy!

There may be a light at the end of the lockdown tunnel but there’s no end in sight to my refurbishment master plan, the list of things still to do never seems to get smaller.

 

The master plan

Another epic paint fest has begun.  Two mist coats, one white top coat then two coats of the final colour on top for every wall.  It’s like the Great British Bake Off with the end result being a Farrow & Ball layer cake.  No prizes for guessing what I’m going to be up to this bank holiday!

 

The Great British Paint off

Prepping the room

First mist coat goes on the walls

So, what’s in store for this room?  Looking into my DIY crystal ball, I see a tropical oasis of tranquil misty green with a parrot and panelling feature wall behind the bed and some long swishy curtains to dress the window. 

Well, that’s what I have in my head but what I’ll end up with is anyone’s guess so you’ll just have to keep visiting this blog to see how it all turns out.


1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

HeHe! I'm off up to Lidl in about an
hours time so l'll get my own tasty
pistachios..! :).

Now look! When is this house/home of
yours gonna be finished, when your Blog
pops up on my sidebar, l think..
oooooO! At last..! :(.

HeHe! Perhaps you should get BIGGER
brushes, longer nails, stronger glue..
AND...Where's Shelby, l worry about him!

It's ALL coming together, l think, is it..
Is it? Is it?
Our Father who art in......