Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

DOCTOR FRANKENPOTS

Finding the perfect shade of paint is like finding the perfect pebble.  It requires time, dedication and patience, most of which are in short supply these days.

I’ve been collecting colour cards for months – Farrow & Ball, Dulux, Crown, Graham & Brown, Nepture, Sanderson, etc.  There’s enough to fill a shoebox but still it seems the tint you seek always eludes you.  It’s like trying to find a mythical holy grail of emulsion or unicorns, pretty much impossible.  You know what you want in your head but translating that thought into a paint tin is another story.

 

Just how many colour cards do you need?

Dozens of shades to choose from

But I really don't like any of them

Creating a mood board

In the quest to find that ‘just right’ shade of greenish grey, I’ve called upon the services of Dr Frankenpots to help me mix up my own unique colour blend.

 

I've created a monster

Create your own monster shade using paint testers and yogurt pots.  Dabble with a splodge of this and a dollop of that until you come up with the closest match to what you have in mind then take it to your nearest paint colour mixing desk so that they can whip up a recipe on their magic paint scanner machine.

I’ve created my own shade of celeriac green using Dulux’s Mossy Stone as a base then adding white and a smidge of grey to lighten the colour.  Voila!  Looks delicious!

 

Celeriac green Deco Paradiso

Perfect in the hallway with an undercoat of Dulux Dusted Moss 2, the walls are now painted, papered and just waiting for the woodwork to be done.

 

New light by the front door

Before - Dusted moss undercoat

After - bright, airy & finished

My very own Celeriac green hallway

If you fancy a pot of my delicious Celeriac green then the code for the Dulux colour mixing desk is DX-7110LXFFBY.


No comments: