Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, March 26, 2018

OSCAR WILDE'S FAN CLUB

“We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars”.   I’ve taken a half day off work to revel in the theatrical delights of Lady Windermere’s Fan, being broadcast live as part of a celebration of Oscar Wilde’s plays of which I am a great admirer.  It feels so naughty, like bunking off school especially as we’re already a bit short staffed in the office due to the Easter holidays. 


Ah if only my uncultured colleagues had heard for themselves those delicious Wilde witticisms coined by arguably one of the best poets and playwrights of Victorian times then they too would be stampeding for the exit.  But raised on a diet of Love Island and TOWIE, I imagine Oscar Wilde is as familiar to them as the Housewives of Cheshire are to me. Who? Exactly!

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken"

No comments: