Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Sunday, April 01, 2018

ASSET LIQUIDATION

Asset liquidation, the posh middle class way of saying I’m selling my tat on Ebay.  I’m down-sizing my life by getting rid of all those dust gathering knick-knacks which for decades have cluttered up the house.  

Wrought iron wall clutter

Floor standing clutter

Why?  Not out of love but from the need to pay for a new hallway radiator whilst at the same time saving for a holiday in Italy and with this cold wintry Easter weather, Ebay beats freezing your butt off at a car boot sale. 

Looking at buying one of these radiators

Ebay or Gumtree are by far the easiest way of recycling everything you don’t want into everything you do want without having to resort to a costly home improvement loan from the bank.  (Credit isn’t free!)  Proceeds of sales to date have almost covered the cost of 1 new radiator but there’s still the plumber to factor in so I’ll be scouring the house for anything else not chained to the walls. 

Shelby’s hiding out in my wool bag in case she gets listed.

She'll never find me in here

No comments: