Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Saturday, April 07, 2018

WALL PANELS FINISHED

Miracle of miracles – we’ve finished the wall panels!  

I applied two coats of Jasmine White paint quickly with a small sponge roller and I mean quick as this Dulux Quick-dry paint doesn’t take long to go off. 

Preparing to paint

This is going to take ages

I thought of my brother and his MDF spray painting as using a roller does leave that slight stipple finish but I’ll take that over visible brush strokes.  You can only really notice the stippling if you get up close to the panels.

The overall visual effect from the bottom of the stairs is superb and I’m glad I decided to paint the panels white in the end as this has helped to symmetrically balance them against the white painted stair spindles.  It might have looked a little odd with one side painted beige and the other white.

Almost done

So our staircase transformation project is almost at an end.  There are only the risers left to paint white and a second coat of yacht varnish to apply to the stained wood but that will now have to wait until summer time.

Before - starting of the transformation

After - beautiful Art Deco look hallway

With a bit of imagination, a lot of hard work and infinite patience, you too can give your house a Hollywood makeover and live in a posh gaff.

No comments: