Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Saturday, March 28, 2020

STAY AT HOME? IF ONLY

Driving home from the office yesterday was amazing!  Thanks to ‘sticky buns’, I was able to put my foot down on the dual carriageway and reach 30 miles an hour, a feat that’s usually impossible in normal conditions as the roads round here are typically clogged with biddies, ditherers and foreigners who forget cars come equipped with built-in indicators.

Boris is doing a sterling job in reminding us to stay at home in these troubled times and every day that passes, I read with envy the lists of businesses that have closed.  If only!  I’ve got a ton of stuff that needs doing at home but because I work in a cash handling office, I have to drag my sorry arse out of bed every morning to face this invisible virulent foe because I can’t work from home.

While everyone else is going stir crazy cooped up with partners, pets and pre-teens, I’m wishing for 14 days of self-isolation so I can paint my home office.  How sad is that?  What’s even worse is that I don’t even consider my job as a ‘key’ position.  My company no doubt has healthy capital reserves it could call upon at times like this so making staff keep calm and continue banking money is in reality quite farcical when it should be endorsing a fortnight of paid leave in the interests of personal and national safety.

I know I shouldn’t grumble because I’m lucky to still have a job (eye roll) and my health, although my hands feel like I’m wearing sandpaper gloves thanks to hourly sanitizing.  Boris hasn’t mentioned anything about introducing special moisturising measures to pay for the oodles of hand-cream I’m going to need to get these mitts back in tip top condition but it’s something he should seriously consider. 

In the meantime, clutter clearance continues as we strive to prepare the house for market.  Already the office is looking much tidier thanks to the new cupboard but I’ve had to transfer the PC into my bedroom so that I can strip the walls down ready for painting which I’m aiming to start at the weekend.

Boudoir office

White gloss doors and beige interior

Clutter sorted and back in place

Out of sight but not out of mind





No comments: