Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, April 08, 2021

POWER OF PAINT

Paint has the power to transform even the dullest surfaces into something magical; a blue sea of serenity, a tangy orange casbah, an ice white igloo or a lush green jungle.  The choice of paint colours available is endless and some colour mixing centres can even create a colour to match anything you like by using a clever scanning gizmo that zaps your item then works out what shade of paint that translates to.  It’s amazing! 

Homebase have run a buy-one-get-one half price Easter deal on all Dulux paints so instead of chocolate eggs, I’ve been filling my boots with emulsion.  I’ve bought enough paint to cover the spare room, both corridors plus the lounge/diner.  No time like the present to bag yourself a paint bargain.

Inspired by nature and something I saw on the Etsy website, I’ve chosen a palette of serene greenish/grey shades to colour my life.

 

Lovely shades of calming green

For the spare room and corridors, a nice shade of Dulux Dusted Moss 2 matt emulsion.  This kind of grey green is very subtle in tone.

 

Colour for the spare room

For the lounge/diner, I’ve splashed out on Dulux Heritage velvet matt in a shade called Green Earth.  As the name suggests, its greener than Dusted Moss and tones in nicely with my Lucetta curtains which have many shades of green in their patterned design.

 

Goes well with the lounge curtains

For our bedroom we’re pushing the boat out and going all Farrow & Ball.  Don’t tell the other half that it’ll cost as much as a ticket to the British GP to paint our bedroom or he’ll confiscate my credit card!  For the walls, I’ve chosen Cromarty and for the wood panelling, a lovely sludgy shade called Pigeon which I happen to bag on a yellow ticket paint deal at Homebase.

 

Wood panelling behind the bed

Main colour for our bedroom

So now all I’ve got to do is get my arse in gear and paint, paint, paint!


Mist coating the spare bedroom in diluted white paint

Looks like the inside of the freezer

Painting in parallel upstairs &  downstairs

Looks a bit patchy but it'll all work out in the end

My bestest paint buddy


No comments: