Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, November 29, 2021

BONGO

 Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  Ah, it has!

 

Snow?  Where did that come from?

Woke up this morning to find a sprinkling of the white stuff was deposited across the garden in the night.  Can you believe it? 

 

Not deep or crisp and even

Snow is not what I ordered in the Black Friday sale.  Hang on a mo, can I actually say ‘Black Friday’ these days?  I’m not going to get lynched or cancelled by the Woke Brigade for using a racist term, am I?  After all this is a non-PC, non-woke blog so if you’re easily offended by us old school codgers and our outdated views on life then bog off – go and count lentils or look for unicorns or something.

 


Dial 999 for climate emergency

Unlike the unexpected snowfall, it came as no surprise to learn that a new lurgi variant has emerged and just in time for Christmas.  We’re calling it Bongo as ‘omicron’ is just too much of a mouthful and pretty meaningless.   Puss agrees.  Bongo from the Congo is far more descriptive than omicron. 

 

I'll agree with anything as long as it doesn't interrupt my cat nap

What I can’t understand is why this strain has been named after the fifteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.  Have there been ten other varieties I’ve missed whilst doing the laundry?    Or has that old adage ‘it’s all Greek to me’ been adopted by the World Health Organisation as their international viral naming convention?  We’ll never really know.

 

Omicron?  Should have called it 'Torti'

But in the meantime, it’s time to go make a snowman before topping up my Survivalist Pantry with Tena Lady, Walkers crisps, Vimto and corn plasters in case there’s a national shortage of these in the coming weeks.


Sign on my Survivalist Pantry door

Let it snow




No comments: