Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Tuesday, November 09, 2021

DON'T GET CRABBY

Tree killer!  I can see the silent accusation in next door’s eyes as I put the green wheelie bin out containing the latest batch of branches lopped off from the crab apple tree in our back garden. 

 

Getting rid of the evidence

Bird killer!  I can see the silent accusation in the black beady eyes of the fat pigeon perched on the dormer mourning the loss of tasty red crab apples on which it’s been gorging for weeks.

 

I'm starving

Bug killer!  Well of course I can’t see the silent accusation because their eyes are too small but I’m sure they’re giving me evils too at being deprived of a nice woody home. 

It pains me to reach for the tree saw but sadly, progress is progress and the tree must go to make way for the new rear extension that’s soon to extend out from the kitchen.  Can’t have tree roots invading the new soakaway or foundations now, can we?

 

Sorry tree - you've got to go

Bit by bit, the tree is dwindling as we dispose of it branch by branch in a bid to save going down the tip (how lazy!).  Eventually only the trunk will remain then a stump that’ll need to be dug out.  Not volunteering for that job….

 

Another chunk cut off

To make it up to our feathered and crawly friends, I’ve planned to plant a pear tree in the border in springtime but in the meantime, I hope they’ll find it in their hearts to forgive me chopping down this once lovely tree.


Bye, bye old friend

I'll miss your lovely blossoms



No comments: