Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Wednesday, March 08, 2023

CABINET FINISHED

Sssh!  Don’t mention the ‘C’ word.  By that I mean Covid, Colds (common or otherwise) or Catarrh which unlike spring have sprung up all round, filling our lives not with joy but with snot.  

Besieged on all sides by a plague of all of the above, I’ve discovered the delights of the hot water bottle.  This little fluffy thing has become my newest bestest friend.  No more cold feet in bed for me.  


Where have you been all my life?


Move over fat cat, there’s a new lap warmer in town and it doesn’t need constantly feeding!

 

Nothing's as cute as I am

Between bouts of sneezing or coughing up phlegm in industrial quantities, I’ve managed to finish refurbishing the second cabinet which is now sitting proudly in the corridor in place of the first one.

 

Finally finished

I had thought of listing my turquoise triumph on Ebay but it’s turned out so nice that I can’t bring myself to part with it so unless someone messages offering a vast amount of cash for it then I’ll probably keep it for now.

 

Interior view

Unlike the previous cabinet, the only original piece of veneer left is a strip on the door that was largely undamaged. 

 

Polished veneer original end strip

I picked out part of the decorative front trim in gold furniture paint, finishing the rest off in that glorious peacock paint except the side strip. 

The overall end result is delightful.  Now to find a spot for the first cabinet…


No comments: