Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Sunday, June 25, 2023

STRAWBERRY FIELDS

The small strawberry patch by the veg bed has done very well this summer.  In fact, it’s done so well that I’ve decided to extend the strawberry fields to give us even more of these delicious fruits.

 

From small beginnings

Singing the song of the ancient gardeners, it’s time to give the lilac bush a short back and sides to clear space for more strawberries:

Bring me my hoe rusty and old!
Bring me wheelbarrows of desire!
Bring me my shears.  Oh trug, unfold!
Bring me my trowel of fire!
I will not cease from digging right
Nor shall my spade sleep in my hand
Till we have made a strawberry patch
In England’s green and pleasant land

Roused to battle with bush and soil, a new patch has been created ready to propagate strawberry babies from runners produced by the mother plants later on in the year.

 

Another strawberry patch created

Strawberry plants could be used as border edging plants in a small garden as they are compact in size, grown in pots or in wall hung gutters as they’ll grow pretty much anywhere.


I think she should grow more dandelions


No comments: