Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

MAKING AN ENTRANCE

It’s been a week since I was furloughed and what a joyous, carefree week it’s been.  No getting up at 5.30 am, no dodging the idiot drivers on the way to work, no listening to banal chit-chat from fellow workers and no need to mix with the riff raff outside (Boris’s orders).  And the sun’s been shining almost every day so what could be worse?

Not eating enough dandelions is what could be worse

No online shopping that’s what.  It’s probably easier to get an audience with the Pope than find a home delivery slot on any of the supermarket shopping sites.  I know I’ve tried!  El Papa promised to ring back later but Sainsbury’s said I wasn’t vulnerable enough, Morrisons said there were another 20,000 punters in the queue before me and Waitrose, well they just didn’t bother letting me log in.  Your name’s not on the priority list, you’re not coming in was their attitude.  Stuff ‘em!  Who needs food anyway?

Helping with the online shopping

Aside from still being alive, there are reasons to be cheerful (part 3).  Firstly, I’ve finished painting the entrance hallway which looks dazzlingly clean and virus free in Nutmeg White and secondly, there’s plenty of kitty love going around.

Before - our Moroccan themed entrance

Adding a bit of texture

Clean and dazzling Nutmeg white


The new lockdown extension period means I get to hang on to my ‘loan’ cats for that little bit longer and as I’m home for the foreseeable that means plenty of treats, lap time and mummy meows.  

And that’s just how I’m spending my day – they are just a pair of spoilt moggies who sleep a lot or cause trouble.

She'll never see me back here

Fatty loving the great outdoors


Exploring the veggie patch


Saying hi to the neighbours


Dusty's new home in the packing box





1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Ah! Pussy~Cats! Pussy~Cats! Pussy~Cats! :).
I~LOVE~PUSSY~CATS..! So There..!
Now! What the post ALL about..?

I've had no problem getting food or groceries!
I've been out twice in the last three weeks, so
no problems..They ALL know me..see..! I don't
queue, l get a little nod..and in l go..! :).
I don't buy on line anyway, if it's a DVD, CD,
cloths perhaps, l send the link to my daughter,
and she gets it for me..!
Besides..I have a 'Road Kill' freezer, that is
two thirds full..so last Sunday l had rabbit,
Sunday before pheasant, and duck, Sunday before
that..! :o).

So..There it is..Job done..!
Give the pussy~cats BIG (((hugs))) and lots of X's...
Lovely! I~LOVE~PUSSY~CATS....
I'm just gonna settle down to three episodes of 'Last
of the Summer Wine'..And, somewhere it'll be tea time..!
Ya all take care now..ya hear..! :o).