Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, April 30, 2020

TAPAS TUESDAY

The tills are alive with the sound of Ebay!  ‘Stay at home and save the nation’ said Boris.  And that’s exactly what I’m doing, saving the economy by selling all my surplus clutter.  Hermes couriers are still in jobs thanks to me as my little online business venture is keeping me off the streets (literally).  Don’t forget to clap for me later on.


Clutter for sale

It’s week 3 of furlough but it’s not all sell, sell, sell.  The spare room is now pretty much finished and looking a lot brighter although personally, I’m not sure if I prefer the previous blue colour scheme if I’m honest.  What do you think?

Spare room finished

Sunny yellow with white paintwork

Just need to get rid of all the clutter

With no painting left to finish or auctions to attend to, I’ve turned my thoughts to hairy bikers.  (Well what else is a girl to do in a lockdown?)  We’ve been following the larger than life Geordie pair travel through Valencia, salivating on the sofa each episode over their mouth-watering Spanish culinary creations so I thought I’d put a bit of the Viva España into our Tuesday night meal.


Save the Nation and cook!

It’s Tapas Tuesday!  (I know it’s Thursday but Tapas Thursday doesn’t have quite the same zing does it?)  On Tuesday’s menu we had:

  • Albondigas (mini meatballs)
  • Patatas Bravas with a spicy tomato salsa
  • Pollo al Ajillo (chicken in garlic)
  • Paella
  • Halloumi fries (meh! I know it’s not Spanish)
  • Cheese chunks
  • Jamon slices (Spanish ham)

Home made tapas - they were yummy!


Serve with a glass of nice Tempranillo wine, Spanish flag and bullfighter music playing softy in the background. 


Table for two at Casa Corona


If you close your eyes and gently breathe in the garlicky smell, you could almost imagine yourself on a sunny terrace in Andalucia.


She's added way too much vino to that salsa

Coronavirus kitty update



1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

HaHa! Bless! Well..Sorry! But! I~DON'T~LIKE~BLUE..
Well..l suppose aquamarine is o.k. but not blue!

But..Tuesdays menu looks good..good enough to eat!
Food..is one of my trilogies in life..I cook it,
serve it, and enjoy eating it, my Mum was a professional
cook, so l learned all my cooking skills from her..! :).

Just looking out the Paddington Bear curtains..it is...
with rain..hate it..clearing up tomorrow, have to go to
the chemist, pick up a prescription..l'm gonna wear one
of my masks my daughter made for me, quite pinky, the
standard ones are o.k. but rather plain..like blue, l
don't do plain..!

"Onwards and Upwards" Stay Safe..Stay Well..Stay Happy..! :o).