Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, June 15, 2020

UNDER OFFER

My brain has gone from lockdown to ballistic this morning at the thought that someone has finally made an offer on our house. And we’ve accepted it!

I want to swing from the chandeliers, run, shout, laugh, cry and tell the whole world all at the same time.   I’m so excited, I feel like rushing outside and kissing people!  Okay so perhaps that last bit will have to wait a few more weeks but maybe it’s alright to just pogo on the driveway like an exuberant puppy whilst wearing a facemask.  What will the neighbours think?  What do I care?   Today the world is a happy clappy place to be in.

Our buyers seem lovely, a nice young family with a couple of kids who were more interested in Shelby than in exploring their soon to be nice new home.  I’m so glad it’s not some rip-the-guts-out property developer who would have turned this beautiful house into a dozen cramped bedsits just to make a few quid but a family who might cherish the place as much as we have.

And so after a frantic flurry of phone calls, emails, preparing checklists and filling in web questionnaires, we are officially ‘under offer’ which means we can now begin to move things along with our own property purchase in Chichester. 

I’m keeping this brief partly because my head feels like it’s trying to contain a beehive and also because I don’t want to jinx it.  It’s so exciting!


Keep Calm?  But I'm Spanish


No comments: