Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, July 27, 2020

FRIDGE MAGNETS

Nothing says home more than the extensive collection of fridge magnets you build up over the years.  It’s a visual reminder of countless holidays or those little jokes that tickle your fancy.  My collection is a wonderfully colourful tribute to a debauched life of travel, fun and adventure that has adorned the freezer since I moved in more than 20 years ago.  


Fridge magnets - the only thing holding the freezer door together


That part of my life is now safely tucked inside this little green box, waiting to resurface miles away when we move into our new home.


All packed and ready to go into storage


It’s week three of re-furlough and I’m bored.  There’s only so much packing you can do in a day before you begin to wonder what it would be like to seal yourself into a large box and be posted to some unsuspecting punter out there.  Surprise!!  Imagine the look on their face as they rip back the cardboard expecting to see a polished chrome towel rail ordered from Amazon only to find you instead.  Hilarious!

Today Shelby and I are packing up the kitchen.  I’ve been packing it up for over a week now, Jeez I didn’t realise I had soooo much stuff.  I mean a whole drawer full of Tupperware, is that normal?  “And do you really need a cupboard full of different metal baking tins?” asks the other half.  Well of course you do.  Duh - it would be really messy trying to bake chocolate muffins in a holey pizza tray.  Gotta have the right tin for the right bake, yes?


I love popping bubblewrap

Making sure she's stuck the tape on properly


Daughter has saved the day bringing us a job lot of empty boxes and bubble wrap from her house move.  She sheepishly tried to sneak back a super-sized IKEA bag full of shoes into the boot of her car without her other half spotting them but to no avail.  Caught like a rabbit between the headlights, the Imelda Marcos of Charminster fessed up to owning more than 50 pairs of footwear.  Love me, love my shoes.  Chocolate muffin anyone?


This is only the tip of the shoe-berg


1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

I've just popped downstairs to count the
magnets on my fridge...62..!
And..this is my favorite...
"May the fleas of 1,000 camels infest the
crotch of the person that screws up your day
and may their arms be too short to scratch".
And..accompanied by the profile of a camel..!

Ah! Nice seeing Shelby doing his bit to help..
And..You've mentioned my most favourite shopping
word ever..Ikea..! I~LOVE~IKEA..! :0)