Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, December 17, 2020

BT BOTHER

What comes first, Christmas or the BT engineer?  Well it certainly isn’t the engineer!

Reading our blog you might assume it’s a domestical Shangri-la over here with every aspect of our home refurbishment project going to plan, coming in on budget and being generally tickety boo.  Take it from me this is far from the reality of things but there’s enough pandemic doom and gloom already about without me adding my own catalogue of woe to the internet.  However, I will say a few words about a couple of them.


Cracks may turn rusty and leak

Very visible chip on panel

Having paid lots of money for quality designer radiators, it’s disappointing to be returning two of them due to chipped enamel or hairline cracks in very visible places.  I can’t stress the importance of closely inspecting purchases soon after delivery.  Leave it too long and you may struggle to get goods exchanged for free or under warranty.  Luckily Best Heating are able to provide replacements before the gas fitter disappears at the end of this week other-wise we’d have no heat or hot water until after Christmas.  Not the end of the world but it’s just one of those minor hassles you can do without when you’re trying to get on with things. 

This week’s Silver Star for Shit Service goes to the telephone engineer who has already failed to turn up for not one, not two but three appointments to move the main BT socket from the corridor into the lounge/diner so that I can set up my home office. 

This dude is obviously the Scarlet Pimpernel of telecommunications as he’s nowhere to be found when expected.  Even more curious is that when I’ve rung and queried his lack of appearance, I’m told that my job has been completed.  I may be getting on in years but I like eating carrots so my eyesight is still good enough to know a phone socket when I see one and I still see one in the same place as it was since the end of November when it should have been moved. 

Like Alan Bennett’s ‘Lady of Letters’ I’ve penned a few succinctly worded epistles to the relevant parties and hope that this international man of mystery turns up today to finally move the socket.

But no, he failed to show up yet again!


3 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

The best expression l use to get things done,
and to get workmen jumping up and down, is
to say..."I'm from Sicily"..HeHe! There's
only one thought and word after that..and
it begins with 'M'..! :).

And..if l need to complain about anything,
l do it verbally..not a very good letter writer,
though the ones l have written seem to work!
Always keep them light hearted and yes, even funny,
and it seems to work!

I also fell out with BT many moons ago..I do all that
through SKY TV..Broadband, phones, landline etc..
Just last Sat after 11yrs, problem with my Router,
phoned up, one put in the post, even sent me a link to
track it, how stupid is that, arrived Monday midday..!

Never mind..what is they say..'Home is where the heart
is'..and the rest of you...! :O)

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Just seen this in the paper on line...
Don't show it to Shelby..! :).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13521852/tortoise-destroys-familys-christmas-tree/

Anonymous said...

Radiators looking good. Senor Pringo xxx