Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, February 17, 2022

SAY HELLO TO WINGATE BERTIE

Psssst!  Rumour has it that I’ve acquired a cat.  

It’s true.  For once I’ve not had to beg, borrow or kidnap any of the neighbourhood moggies as I now have a furry friend to call my own. 

Say hello to Wingate Bertie.

 

At last a kitty of my very own

Bertie is a gorgeous 9 yr old tabby adopted from the local Cat & Rescue Centre at Sidlesham.  His previous owner had passed away so who better than Chi’s very crazy cat lady to step in as his new Cat Mom.  You know he’ll be spoilt rotten at our house.

So why Wingate Bertie?  Well we've kept both his known names as used by the rescue centre and previous foster family but we'll probably just call him Bertie for short. 

He’s a bit of a shy boy at the moment.  Hasn’t left his hiding place under the bed since his arrival almost 2 weeks ago but already with a bit of gentle coaxing, I’ve managed to get him to venture out for some kitty love and strokes.  With time and patience, I hope he’ll realise he can come downstairs and join us in the lounge.

 

I'm shy

Bertie’s arrival has put a bit of a spanner in the works for Blackie, our timeshare cat as we’ve had to try to keep him out of the house so as not to spook the new scaredy cat.  I really hope that both of them will be good kitty buddies in the future.


Paws off - she's my Cat Mom!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He has that displaced look but he'll settle in eventually. :) Señor Pringo x