Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Monday, July 10, 2023

BEAN THERE, DONE THAT

I may be 60 but I can clearly remember the first-time thrill of planting beans all those years ago when I first discovered a love of gardening.  We may have had wars, pandemics and general financial craziness since then but the excitement of growing your own veg has not diminished with time.  

I still get a shiver down my spine when I see those tiny dried beans burst forth from the soil, little leaves quivering uncertainly in the sunshine.

 

Look!  They've emerged

Every day you inspect your patch diligently, a green-fingered mother lovingly searching for signs of tiny beany offspring.  Oh, the delight in finding a flower or a green sliver of beaniness poking through the foliage!

 

Tiny beany babies


Getting bigger

You wait with eager anticipation, fighting off snails or anything else that might snatch away your veggie victory until eventually there comes a day when your efforts are finally rewarded with a batch of deliciously long, plump green beans.

 

Bean production now in full swing

Yesterday I picked our very first bunch of dwarf green beans and there’s plenty more where that came from. 

 

Beans for dinner

It’s beanz meanz summer’s here and bursting with goodness!





No comments: