Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, July 23, 2026

POWER GRAB

OMG! The power grab has begun!

Whilst the world’s attention is focussed on Andy Pandy’s triumphant march into No 10 or Spain’s glorious World Cup win, it’s another front-page nugget that’s got my mind racing. Big Brother is coming for your heat pumps!!!


Front page - The Telegraph 20 July 26


I feel like Crazy Charlie from that apocalyptic disaster movie ‘2012’ – he’s that fabulously deranged character living in a dilapidated camper van whose mad ravings about the end of the world have fallen on deaf ears. Only John Cusack realises that maybe Crazy Charlie isn’t so crazy after all and is making a point worth listening to.


Crazy Charlie - 2012


I’m Crazy Chi Lady. I’ve been trying to warn you all about the remote access capability of your energy systems on this blog and how easy it would be for suppliers to steal your power using smart meters or other smart internet gadgets. I suspect my demented ravings have just been dismissed as populist paranoia but now I fear, it may be too late for some of you.

Unlike Crazy Charlie, I have about 4 followers on this blog and no personal radio channel so it’s a little bit harder to get the message out there but as always, I’m not letting these minor shortcomings stand in the way of getting the word out.

Electricity rationing. I said it about 6 weeks ago (Leccy Rationing post) and I’ll say it again – they are going to control your power supply. Invisibly. Via your smart meters or other connected internet devices. There will be NOTHING you can do to stop them. Only those who are NOT connected to the grid via one of these devices will be spared initially.

I say initially because ultimately, if the Grid doesn’t get its shit together then it will just shut down completely causing major power outages across the nation so we'll all be buggered.

Power blackouts = no internet. No smartphones. No social media. No access to news. No tea (unless you’ve got a gas hob). Nothing. Just blackness. And silence. Enjoy The Silence said Depeche Mode. Yes, enjoy it because the quicker we shut out all this cyber noise, the faster we’ll be able to engage brains to survive the cold.

It will begin with heat pumps. Big Brother will sneakily turn down your thermostat a notch or two, not enough to cause icicle formation but you might feel a slight nip in the air when you leave a room to go to the toilet. Then AI will decide how long your heating will run for. Snooty rich Southerners more likely to get less heating time than poor, deprived Northerners who lack the benefit of warm sea currents to take the edge off cold weather.

From heat pumps, central control will then spread to solar systems especially those with battery storage. There’ll be no cheap overnight charging for you. Hope you’ve got a good pair of sturdy walking boots in the cupboard for when you have to hike miles to work because EV charging has been rationed.

The article states that Britain’s electricity supply typically comes under the most strain during winter cold snaps. No shit Sherlock. Remind me, what is it climate scientists have been repeating till the cows come home? Hotter summers – colder winters. COLDER. Extended cold spells possibly the result of La Nina, the chillier ying to the sweltering El Nino yang are more than likely given the natural patterns of planetary weather.

So, if COLDER weather might become the new normal then it follows that demand for heating is going to increase. Since the Government have done nothing but persuade us all to electrify our lives then they should have long ago anticipated that MORE power will need to be generated to satisfy the population’s needs. Of course, they probably haven’t done so because instead of ensuring that back up power plants are in place, they will take their usual approach which is to BAN or RESTRICT the use of the underlying resource.

I’ll leave it there because there’s a third thing in this article that’s rendered me speechless. It’s something I find so shocking that I’m off for a walk round the garden to calm my frayed nerves.

What has caused me to clam up like a cockle? You’ll just have to wait until the next post to find out.


No comments: