Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

SSES - SMART SECURE ELECTRICITY SYSTEMS

Imagine you’re watching your favourite soap opera on the telly, it’s just about to get to that nail-biting climax when PFFFT! Your TV has unexpectedly switched off. Not by you but by unseen fingers…

You’re relaxing in a nice hot shower, luxuriating under a torrent of deliciously warm water after a hard day’s work. You’ve primed up the loofah with a squirt of jasmine scented shower gel ready to give your aching limbs a good scrubbing when AAAHHHH! That nice jet of hot water suddenly becomes an ice-cold dribble.
But I never touched the controls…

Fast forward a few months. It’s the coldest winter since 1963. Even the tortoise is sleeping under a fleecy blanket. You’re wearing a Sherpa grade 10 tog padded cardigan but still chilled to the bone. There’s an ice floe developing on the surface of your cuppa. I’ll just pop the heating on for a few minutes to take the edge off when ZZZZZTTTT! You turn the thermostat dial but nothing happens…

Welcome to the SSES world! Smart Secure Electricity Systems – the latest tool in the oppressor’s arsenal. This is what's triggered my spidey-sense into shock mode.

Behold a new world of smart gadgetry. Every electrically powered item you own is now a ‘smart’ gizmo not only connected to the internet but with the capability of being remotely controlled. Not by you but by someone else. Probably your energy supplier. Or some other Big Brother type entity specifically set up by the Government to become the Kilowatt Kontroller.

Unbeknown to most of us, a series of consultations has been taking place on the Q T since 2024 on this new world order. The driving force something described in the consultation document as ‘Consumer Lead Flexibility’ or CLF.

What bollocks! There’s no ‘flexibility’ about having human behaviour manipulated so that people are forced to change the way they act which is exactly what’s happened since the energy sector was made to introduce Time of Use Tariffs. The powers that be have contrived to funnel us down this hole for some time now and succeeded due to the gullibility/greediness of human nature.

If you think the Crazy Chi Lady has been eating too many magic mushrooms, you can read the consultation documents yourself via these links:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6808a2630324470d6a394eb2/SSES-consultation-response.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/delivering-a-smart-and-secure-electricity-system-implementation

But the nub of it is that to save the Government having to spend vast amounts of cash upgrading the existing energy infrastructure, all future electrical appliances available for punters to buy will be ‘smart’ appliances meaning that they’ll come with internet connectivity that can then be remotely controlled if need be.

SSES will begin with a limited roll-out encompassing only heat pumps or hot water systems but believe me once the Kilowatt Kontroller (KK) demonstrates how effective a remote-controlled energy supply is then what’s to stop this approach being extended to every single power consuming gadget in a household?

There won’t be a need for expensive upgrades to the National Grid because when it looks like demand for power is inching closer to ground zero, the KK can simply dial down the nation’s consumption by adjusting thermostats or capping the amount of energy a household can consume.

The reality is that you don’t even need any WIFI gadgets for this to happen because energy providers have already got the capability of altering your power supply through smart meters. They could if they really wanted to, switch off your energy at source by turning it off at the meter remotely. One of the key reasons why I’ve resisted having one installed in the first place. ‘Oh, I thought that was just your usual paranoia’ mutters the other half from behind his own laptop screen.

Somewhere in the document it goes on to say that households will be given the opportunity to ‘opt in’ to the SSES regime and be rewarded for it in the form of discounted energy bills. Ha, ha, ha. What tosh! Do you think that if there’s a national power emergency, the Grid are going to ascertain who has opted in or not before flicking the OFF switch? Of course not.

I may be over-reacting (you are) but do I really want to live in a world where I’m forced to buy a product that is not totally within my control? That could be infiltrated without my knowledge without so much as a by-your-leave? A world where I am deprived of the freedom of choice? Where my right to heat my own home when I want and for as long as I want is snatched away? Well, I don’t!

I’m sorry but if this isn’t a Big Brother approach then what is? I’m certainly not buying any gadgets that can be remotely controlled by anyone because if that is not a form of oppression then I don’t know what is.

Muse summed up this scenario perfectly in verse 2 of their song ‘Uprising’

Another promise, another seed
Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
And all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined


THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US

No comments: