Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, May 05, 2022

STOOD UP

I’ve been counting down the days to the month of May, so looking forward to endless blogging on foundations, bricklaying and updating the world at large on progress with our new extension but instead I’m sat here disappointed.

 

All cleared and ready for the builders

Like many other punters out there who are trying to ‘get stuff done’ round the house, I’ve been stood up by the builders.  Yes, I’m that gormless kid left on the playing field last to be picked by sporting team captains, the bespectacled girl with braces that no-one asks for a dance at the school disco, the fish thrown back in the ocean by Captain Birdseye because it’s not the right shape for a fish finger.  My job is way down the tradesperson’s pecking order it seems.

 

Spot the builder

‘Delays with the previous job, blame it on the Building Inspector’ I was told.  As if that makes it alright that I’ll now have to wait yet another month before the first sod is turned, the first trench dug.  Do these people not know that I’ve been stocking up on coffee and biscuits since January?  Or that I’ve yet to place the order for my new IKEA kitchen?  Clearly not or they’d have been round here quicker than the neighbour next door asking to borrow our green wheelie bin (again???). 

Finding a builder who’ll turn up when they said they would is almost as rare as spotting a white peacock on the shed roof.  Oh well.  We’ll see what appears first – the tradesmen or the cannas I planted the other week but while  we’re waiting, here are some cute kitty photos of Bertie.


Becoming a lap cat


40 winks on his homemade cat bed


Knitting - keeps him enthralled for hours


Just look at the size of that fluffy belly


Hogging the sofa


Watching mouse TV


I wish I could be that flexible



No comments: