Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Friday, April 12, 2024

LUNAR GROWTH

Spring is finally here (fingers crossed). Skies are blue, sun is warm and there’s not a drop of the wet stuff on the horizon for the next few days. Hurrah!


Earlier this week


If you’ve all been waiting with bated breath for the next instalment in my crazy lunar mission then wait no more. Here it is and yes, Houston we have lift off!!


We're both waiting in the warmth


Just look at these darling little baby tomato plants. In the space of a week almost all the tomato seeds I planted have sprouted so provided there’s no voracious predators lurking behind the sideboard, I should have enough to fill both my planters.


Tomato seedlings


Sweet pea seeds have also germinated. I planted 3 seeds per pot, again almost all have appeared.


Little sweet peas


I’ve the perfect pot prepared as a sweet pea nursery for when these little babies are ready to stretch their fronds and climb, climb, climb. Sweet peas with their delicate, fragrant flowers should add a lovely bit of colour to this corner.


Ready to fill with sweet peas


No sign of sweet peppers as yet. Perhaps it takes a little longer for these to put in an appearance. Checking the pots on my return from work gives me something to do each day, imagine the surprise when I eventually see something in them.


No sweet peppers yet


Spooky coincidence or is there really something to this lunar planting methodology? For once, the Ancient Mariner wasn’t wrong.


No comments: