Pots and Cans

Pots and Cans

Thursday, April 04, 2024

LUNAR PLANTING

The Ancient Mariner has forecast a ‘growing moon’ in the middle of April and recommended the first week in April as the best time to plant seeds.


Moon phases


Now I’m not one to usually take any notice of such superstitious peasant talk but for once I’m going to listen to my parents (really?) and take this advice on board to see if it really makes a difference or not.

For my ‘lunar’ mission, I’ve prepared a few pots ready to sow seeds indoors – peppers, tomatoes and sweet peas will be my test subjects.


Sowing veggie seeds indoors


Instead of following the packet advice, I planted the seeds after Easter during the new moon phase. Now, it’s just a case of watching to see if anything germinates. There could be something to father’s lunar ideas about planting.


Baby hostas germinated from seed earlier on


No comments: